Symphony is designed and equipped to take all groups of disabled and/or seriously ill people on day trips, including those in wheelchairs. Serenade (pictured), her sister boat, is also used for day trips when not employed in taking a group on a four-night holiday.
Both boats take a maximum of 26 people (including carers) and have:
- Very large toilet and shower areas, allowing room for carers and for total privacy.
- Hydraulic lift for easy access to forward deck.
- Medical equipment, including an extensive first aid case and resuscitation equipment.
- A galley, normally only used by the boat’s own Volunteer crew for making hot and cold drinks etc. However there is a full-size fridge for the storage of medicines etc., and room for groups to leave their lunches on arrival.
- Intercom system, radio cassette and CD player.
- Sliding hatches in the roof for sunny days. The foredeck is large and easily accessible to all disabled people in wheelchairs.
- The cabin floor is fully carpeted to provide a warm non-slip surface.
- Radiators throughout for central heating when required.
- All windows are low level for easy viewing.
- Extra knee blankets provided.
- A non-smoking environment.
All trips start at 10:00 a.m. from our base at Beeches Road, Loughborough. The boat returns at 3 p.m. We make a nominal charge per head to ensure that the trips are accessible to as many groups as possible – please see the Booking form for details.
Booking Form and Conditions